The Scamper Podcast contains adult language, including but not limited to excessive use of the word "boner." If you are offended by the word "boner" or any other such nonsense, the Scamper Podcast may not be for you.
Hey folks, Brendan here. While this isn't technically a "Scamper Podcast" (because the only member of Scamper involved in the foolish thing is yours truly), I thought you guys might want to hear it, so I posted it up here in the "Podcast" section. Unfortunately, Scamper.net doesn't have a "Self-Indulgent Drunken Tripe" section, per se (although my Journal is pretty close to that most days), so this page seems the closest to appropriate.
For the past couple of years, my friend Madden
and I have been blowing off a day of work to goof off. We usually engage in some incredibly nerdy activity, eat way too much junk food and drink down the contents of an antique liquor cabinet each. This, good people, has been deemed the Day of Fun.
June 1, 2006 was the chosen date for the third annual edition of the Day of Fun and this year, Madden and I were lucky to be joined by our good buddy/convicted llama sex offender Hogg. We also invited the little podmachine and captured the day's festivities for posterity. Bloobiddy bloo!
So feel free to click the link below and listen to this little mini-podcast. It's probably boring to most folks, but I always have a good laugh at hearing my friends and myself becoming progressively drunker throughout the day, so there you go. Be warned - if you're offended by foul language, juvenile humor and honest discussion of the impending robot uprising, you're in the wrong fucking place, Frodo. Enjoy.
You can read more about the Day of Fun hnyaw
. Thanks to Harris
for lending me the music for the beginning and end.Download "3rd Annual Day of Fun" Bonus Episode(Right-click to save to your computer.)
Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, good bye. Like a sappy movie or a favorite pet's terminal illness, Season 1 of the Scamper Podcast comes to a tear-jerking conclusion.
This week on the Scamper Podcast:
- Scamper takes this one last opportunity to shamelessly self-promote, as we play some music by... Scamper. Including a never-before-released song from the upcoming Boulevards EP.
- The boys wax nostalgic about the Podcast season that was and look toward an uncertain, but hopeful future.
- Music from this year's winner of the WBCN Rock and Roll Rumble. Spoiler alert!
Do you enjoy the sputtering last gasp of a diseased and dying goose? Then this podcast is for you!Download Episode 1.12 (Right-click to save to your computer.)Thoughts about the podcast? Complaints, ideas and memories that light the corner of your mind can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come on ride the train (hoo hoo!)... and ride it (hoo hoo!). This podcast party train has only got a couple of stops left, so store your luggage securely in the overhead compartment. That's right - we'll mix transportation metaphors on your asses. This week on the podcast:
- Once again, we are broadcasting sort of live on tape from a van; this week outside the Middle East before our WBCN Rumble semifinals show. Four sweaty men in suits in a steamy van. Yum.
- The final episode of "Nate Sets U Str8," subtitled "The One in Which Nate Finally Goes Round the Bend."
- An in-depth interview with Scamper's better half, the lovely Alena.
- Mike exposes his sensitive, beautiful poetic soul in a segment entitled "What Up Wit Dat Bitch?"
- Music from legendary Boston rock heroes Fooled By April.
And so much freakin' more! Whoomp, there it is! Please Scamper, Don't Hurt 'Em with your Ed Lover Dance 1990!Download Episode 1.11 (Right-click to save to your computer.)Thoughts about the podcast? Complaints, ideas and outdated hip hop references can be sent to email@example.com.
Like a deep hacking cough that the antibiotics just can't seem to kick out of your aching wheezing chest, the Scamper Podcast invades your sinuses for yet another week. On this week's show:
- We broadcast live on tape on location from Brandeis University, home of the Fighting Walnut Scrapers. So put a tie on the door and light up that doobie - it's c-c-college!
- Relive the glory and grandeur of Scamper's unexpected upset victory in Round 1 of the WBCN Rock and Roll Rumble in Brendan's audio journal.
- Kick ass music from fellow Rumble semifinalists The Campaign for Real-Time and Appomattox. Catch them now while their clothes aren't all bloody from ripping us a new one on stage in the semi-finals.
- Our good buddy Tony sits in on the podcast. For some reason.
Plus, we say some stuff. And then some other stuff.Download Episode 1.10 (Right-click to save to your computer.)Thoughts about the podcast? Complaints, ideas and soiled clown suits can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pimps up, ho's down - Scamper is on the street corner in the fishnets and the clear pumps ready to whore the WBCN Rumble show which is tonight! This week on the show:
- Our prodigal Nate makes his triumphant return to Podcastland and brings with him an absolutely frightening glimpse into his puberty-addled past.
- Music from fellow Rumble participants Sucka Brown.
- More Nate than you can shake the proverbial stick at - Volume 2 of "Nate Sets U Str8."
- Scamper predicts the results of the Rumble, the major league baseball season and the results of the 2008 Presidential election (five words for you: surprise candidate Billy Dee Williams).
- More music from your favorite band EVER.
Don't abandon us now, fun lovers. We're in this thing together.Download Episode 1.9 (Right-click to save to your computer.)Thoughts about the podcast? Complaints, ideas and high hanging curveballs can be sent to email@example.com.
Hey hey, it's the eighth episode of the Scamper Podcast! And believe you me - Eight is definitely more than Enough! Get it? Because of the TV show? From the seventies???
This week on Episode 1.8 of the Scamper Podcast:
- The three remaining and befuddled members of Scamper try to solve the greatest mystery of the ages: where's Nate? Turns out he's right there, behind Waldo. No, wait - that's not Waldo. It's a crack whore that looks like Waldo. Don't feel bad - it's a common mistake.
- The warm-up to next week's WBCN Rock and Roll Rumblecontinues with music from the lovely and talented Casey Desmond.
- Longtime male companions Keith and Nate test their extensive knowledge of each other's deepest secrets in a fun new game show: The Bandlywed Game!
- More Rumble-riffic rock and roll with local studs the Rudds.
All this and a whole lot more! Okay, it's not that much more. That's about the long and short of it. We don't want to oversell you or anything.Download Episode 1.8 (Right-click to save to your computer.)Thoughts about the podcast? Complaints, ideas and poems dedicated to Willie Aames can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the man is 5, then the devil is 6, then God is 7... this podcast's gone to heaven. On this week's episode of the Scamper Podcast:
- The insane genius Henry from Aloud shares with us some of his favorite memories from Scamper Podcast past. More of Henry's nonsensical "art" can be found here.
- Our lucky contestant Justin tries his luck at the infamous $25 Scampyramid. The tension! The drama! The humanity of it all!
- The most likely illegal "When Bands Get Drunk" series continues with the beautiful and deliciously odd Kara from the band Fluttr Effect.
- Scamper finally uses this podcast technology to do some good in the world as we debut a new segment: "Nate Sets U Str8." You know - for kids.
- Music from our final opponents in the WBCN Rock and Roll Rumble: Taxpayer.
That, plus much much more of the usual bullhockey from your local rock heroes.Download Episode 1.7 (Right-click to save to your computer.)Thoughts about the podcast? Complaints, ideas and Pixies lyrics can be sent to email@example.com.